Rosé

Savory, but with enough fruit and body for elegant quanffing, this was a fun yet serious rosé to make. It is 85% Sangiovese that was harvested early and direct pressed whole cluster, then lees-stirred a bit while in stainless. A little Barbera and Primitivo make up the remaining 15%. Unfiltered but sparklingly clean and bright. Clear fruit up front followed quickly by savoury and spicy notes from the bit of stem contact and 8 months on less before bottling.

 

Tasting notes: Strawberry and other red berries first, then pepper, a touch of salty brine, bright acidity and wet rock minerality. Completely dry but with a bit of palate weight from the grape blend. Light enough to quaff on the porch but hardy enough for a cheese and charcuterie board.

 

Label image: From The Journey of the Fortunate Prince in 1610 we see full alchemical drama in play. The eagle is Mercury, linking heaven and earth while the lion (Sulphur) with severed paws is the living axiom to dissolve the fixed and coagulate the volatile. Burning trees, ouroboric dragons, old men eating the moon, a metallic tree stump being revivified by the fountain of youth, an eternal hourglass demanding focused patience while all things are encased in the myrtle tree of love. All these things are connected by a strong branch growing from metals below to life above. Clearly filigreed French alchemy in fine form.

Rosé

$25.00Price
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Spotify
    • iTunes
    • Google Play
    info@prima-materia.com | Oakland, California | copyright 2021